Monday 6 January 2014

I've been told that riding elephants is definitely not OK as they are wild animals and its like riding a tiger.

So its been a little while since the last post, I dropped my camera in the sand so haven't had any new photos to upload, but there's still plenty to talk about (and I've nicked a copule of Ulla's photos). Sarah's parents Bill and Stella came to Arambol shortly after the last post closely followed by our friends Kat, Nirvana and Spencer from Bournemouth. Just when our little expat community was beginning to swell we lost a key member - Kathryn has gone back to England. We went for a dolphin spotting trip with her and Bill and Stella before we tearfully waved goodbye.


A dolphin!


Sarah, Kat and Kathryn


Drum circle, a daily occurrence at Arambol beach

We put a brave face on things and soldiered on, and not long after Sarah's parents left we had Christmas and new year to lift our spirits. Highlights of the festive period included a Christmas sing-song at Alastair's school with Toby dressed as Santa, watching fireworks from the roof top at new year, and having a proper roast for Christmas dinner at Cookie-Walla's (cinnamon stuffing!).

I also had my dreadlocks put in around this time. And we saw a field being burnt in worryingly close proximity to Toby and Ulla's house.



Here's me busting out some yoga during an intensive weekend workshop Sarah and I attended with our teacher Alex and a practising doctor who treats his patients with yoga. All the following images are taken from Alex's site www.yogoa.de







Just after New Year Toby's friend Herman and his girlfriend Nina came to Arambol. Herman is a country singer from Holland with an authentic Texan accent. He plays a mean blues and was heading down to an open mic at Loekie cafe so I tagged along.



Herman and Nina leave for Hampi tonight. Then on Sunday I'll be off to Bangkok with Toby (he felt honour bound to accompany me, for my own safety).

After the last few months of living the good life in Arambol January will be a more challenging month, and Sarah and I will be travelling separately. I have to go to Thailand to apply for a new visa, Sarah left on Saturday to travel with Kat down to Hampi. We will meet back in Arambol when I return from Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment